MPSAS – Malaysian Public Sector Accounting Standards (Accrual Basis) Masterclass
Venue: Le Meridian Hotel, KL Sentral
Workshop 1: Introduction to MPSAS, Presentation of MPSAS Financial Statements & Accounting for Non–Financial Assets Masterclass
15 – 16 March 2017
This specifically designed two days workshop provides an intensive examination of public sector accounting frauds, including asset misappropriation schemes and financial statement frauds that are directed at regional, provincial, cantonal and local governments as well as government agencies, ministries, boards and commissions.
These frauds undermine public support for government and agency missions and reduce available resources to serve constituents, meaning the price of public sector accounting fraud goes far beyond funding losses – which are estimated in the billions of ringgits.
● Understand the accrual accounting concepts, as well as key MPSAS recognition, measurement, presentation and disclosure requirements,
● Understand real-life MPSAS financial statements, non-current assets, revenue, expenditure and liability accounting,
● Understand the strategic implications of MPSAS adoption,
● Assess the impact of the application of MPSAS on your organisation,
● Understand the practical implications and challenges of an MPSAS conversion project,
● Implement and apply MPSAS in practice, drawing from best implementation practices learned during the course.
● Grasp new career opportunities in relation to MPSAS.
Workshop 2: FOREX Transactions, Accounting for Financial Instruments, Consolidation, First-Time Adoption of Accrual-Basis MPSAS and Implementing MPSAS in Practice Masterclass
17 March 2017
About this program:
● Hands-on approach to learning, with real-life case studies, illustrative examples taken from the instructors’ practical experience in implementing and applying MPSAS, and group exercises.
● Highly experienced MPSAS instructors, which bring a wealth of practical experience to the course.
● An optimal balance between theory and practice.
● Interactive training: participants are encouraged to participate through group discussions, question sessions and group exercises.
● Top quality training material, hand-outs, examples and real life case studies.